Monday, July 9, 2007

Today what are u looking for???

2 years back I went to Kuwait to pray for my friends who had a travel ban for 6 months. In need of a miracle, I interceded for them in fasting. In a house with no telephone, tv, news papers, servants and music I was alone. There my deepest desire was to meet up with God aface to face. My heart and my flesh craved for that. But nothing happened for 3 weeks. Then the Travel ban got lifted, my friends were back in business. But I was down with Chicken pox, what a suffering! I learned to do thanks giving and worship in the beauty of silence. Sickness was the only reward for this unworthy servant. Then suddenly few brave brothers from Manna Ministries came and said we won't allow a servant of God to suffer here like this. They took me to the hospital for contagious diseases. There beloved Jacob Mathew the man of God from ICPF came to visit me and said my son, "life is a test". I had severe Chest infection; things were getting complicated, Egyptian doctors behaved like military generals. They were simply unapproachable. In the midst of all this I wrote a song and cried to see the glory of my Lord. One night as I was sleeping, a nurse came to check fever, I coughed so badly I Iost my breath and became lifeless. My heart beat stopped for few seconds and I saw the Angels standing near me. They looked like huge white pillars...beyond them I saw the vision of God's glory. But in the room nurse shouted my name so much I returned back soon with a smile on my face. I asked the nurse what happened, shivering she said you packed your bags for awhile. One Pakistani and a Bangladeshi was there in the same room, they looked so pale, they said they thought they were witnessing my death. After few days I was discharged from the hospital and I came back Home alive. You see I got rejected; was broken and lonely, sick and tired in a desert test…umm I don't remember the test. By His grace I crossed the lines and saw what I was craving for, my God and His glory. O my dear friend, today what are you looking for???God bless ya VJ TRAVEN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so blessed by reading how God brought beauty out the ashes of your suffereing. It was such a blessing and encourage me also. Specially right now I'm in Barbaods and going thru discouragements and this blog realy encouraged me a lot. God bless you and keep writing so to encourage many more wonded soldiers