Monday, July 9, 2007

One last kiss the sweet unforgettable kiss

[ 4.55 pm, 28th June 2007 ] Death is the permanent end of the life of a biological organism. But for the man who believes in God death is not a permanent end. In the year 2000 my dad (Kattachayan) was in the last stage of lung cancer, doctors said he will depart any time. I asked him, what is going on??? Like a warrior of faith he said war… if this is a test of faith I'll overcome. But if it is time to depart I'll fly home. To complete an urgent assignment of music, I had to reach Bombay. Speechless and broken, I went near dad, embraced him and kissed him goodbye. In our hearts both of us knew, in this life that was our last kiss, the sweet unforgettable kiss. After two days, while I was in my return journey to Kochi he passed away. For him death was just a small passage to glory. When I came back to my earthly father, he went back to his Heavenly Father. For God, death of His saint is about his precious child coming home. Yesterday I was in the ICU of the Lakeshore Hospital Kochi, I went to donate blood to Mary John, the widow of one of the greatest prophets ever lived in Kerala [Variapuram Yonachayan]. In the valley of the shadow of death, she was sleeping with no worries like a new born baby. I saw her face glowing with a quaint smile saying, "Lord, draw me to You let's hurry… take me away with You". Like a jet plane she is all set to fly. There I looked at others struggling in the ICU, like wounded and fallen soldiers their depressed faces reflected the distress of death. The one who fear God is fearless. Perfect love demolishes the tower of fear. Death cannot kill a saint for ever. Saint Paul said I die every day. Hey my dear friends when the God appointed time comes, how do you want to fly??? Those who finished well kissed the son till the end. Jesus has conquered death forever; He is the hope of glory. Today as I write this now, our beloved Mary John is just passing away. Here I say good bye... someday, I 'll see ya in God's glory.Amen.

No comments: